iHoppers.com is a place where you can buy vacation activity tickets around the world. Initially started as Spain Islands-only marketplace, in a new version it expanded and is now slowly covering other world countries.
We developed new iHoppers version from scratch, using same technology – Plone CMS, but this time with brand new 5 version. We decided to stick to Plone CMS as it allowed us to do all the content management out-of-the-box, thus focusing our time, efforts and resources on building dedicated marketplace functionality:
- tickets catalog,
- buyer cabinets,
- blog and destination guides,
- payment integration.
SoftFormance team together with client built new marketplace version in about 5 months. The most significant technical achievements:
- internal SEO: whole website URL structure been updated to fit new business model – selling vacation activity tickets around the world; so we put a lot of efforts to make new website rank in searches at least on the same level as the old one; this included proper content migration strategy, URL redirections map and detailed review for content meta tags;
- complex Tickets catalog in a form of world countries and destinations hierarchy, integrated with Blog section and Destination Guides; GEO location based searches;
- nicely put together design/UI/UX that works on all major browsers and devices (including tablets and mobiles);
- multi-language content and UI;
- documented most important procedures for developers, content managers and website admins;
- project been finalised with page speed optimisation milestone where we made big images load fast; also integrated cloudflare.net proxy to improve overall website speed and performance.
Technology stack includes:
- Python, PloneCMS and ZODB on server side;
- Nginx as a front-end server.
Client: Nicholle Tan (Spain)