Our existing client came to us with re-design existing online catalog of rehabs in US. Old one was contributed only by staff members and new one had to allow contributing rehabs by external users. So online catalog had to be turned into online marketplace where any rehab owner can submit own listings for some fee.
The main challenge of this project was in the fact that main website was built on top of Plone CMS. Plone CMS was good for content rich online media resource with multiple in-house writers and journalists. But it was not that good for online marketplace were multiple platform users would contribute own content.
So our team came up with new approach for this specific project:
- we developed Rehabs Catalog site section using completely different technology stack (Python based web-framework – Django)
- storing data in separate database
- connecting users via OAuth login and LDAP directory
- integrated Django section pages into main Plone CMS website using so called Server Side Includes (SSI)
Solution turned out to be really effective. We ended up with fast performing pages, and saved a lot of hours on re-using same design over new technology stack.
Key Technologies used:
- Python and Django web framework
- PostgreSQL databases
- LDAP users directory
- SSI (Server Side Includes)
Client: Martin Schoel (Germany)
SoftFormance is a team of outstanding python developers with great Python/Zope/Plone CMS skills… what really adds to their potential is their ability to work well with top-level assignments and come up with their own detailed solutions.
Founder and Managing Director, ChooseHelp